Community-Led Resilience Planning in the Nine-County Bay Area
The Bay Area Resilient Communities Initiative (RCI) is creating a national model of resilience planning led by the communities most impacted by climate change and natural disasters for the benefit of all residents.
Local governments lack the resources needed to fully prepare for climate change and natural disasters on their own. Working with community groups is a cost-effective and efficient way to develop policy and programs that work for all residents, especially those who are most vulnerable and hardest to reach.
The RCI is a coalition of community organizations throughout the nine-county Bay Area that bring decades of experience in improving the quality of life of our region.
1. Leading collaborative development of policy and programs
2. Assessing resilience vulnerability and assets
3. Conducting effective multilingual community engagement
4. Managing project implementation
5. Evaluating programs and policies with a social equity perspective
Resilient Communities Initiative Members
* Bay Localize (host organization and coordinator)
Thank you to the Kresge and The San Francisco Foundations for generous financial support of the RCI.